Senior Licensing Officer
Directorate: Supporting Communities
Location: 5 Pancras Square
Job Level: Level 4 Zone 1
Salary: £35,913 to £41,657
Contract Type: Permanent, full time, 36 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Click HERE for information on Camden’s flexible working options
Camden is focused on creating the conditions for people to lead high quality and fulfilling lives. We are committed to delivering frontline services in an efficient and professional manner reaffirming our responsibility to quality of life for our communities.
As the Senior Licensing Officer within Environmental Health, Business and Consumer Services your role will focus on delivering evidence based, effective strategies and policies for all licensing matters.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Licensing Officer to join our busy Business and Consumer Services team. You will be the lead point of expertise on licensing policy matters. You will:
- have a minimum 2 years experience of delivering licensing functions (Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005) within a local authority setting.
- have an excellent knowledge/understanding of the legislative framework relating to licensing.
- have proven experience and ability to prepare and write clear reports on complex technical issues and policies relevant to licensing.
- have good communication skills for dealing with stakeholders and attending committee
- have the ability to prepare statements and attend court
- have an organised approach to your own workload whilst dealing with conflicting priorities in a demanding environment.
- be able to work collaboratively with internal and external partners to identify innovative approaches to service objectives.
- demonstrate an awareness of politically sensitive issues, including experience of effective working with publicly elected representatives.
We will not consider any application unless you meet the essential qualifications criteria.
Camden’s main offices are located in modern award winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
Click HERE to see the full details of our excellent benefits
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
How to apply:
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application form you will be expected to explain how you meet the technical knowledge and experience section of the job profile (see link below), focusing on the issues in “About You” in this advert. When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 1st July 2018
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 2nd July 2018
To view the Job profile for this vacancy please click HERE
Please quote reference: 180000JZ
Camden welcomes new employees on a monthly basis; next available dates for induction are; 16th July 2018, 20th August and 17th September 2018.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Communications Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Environment Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Environmental Health Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Health and Social Care Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)