Various Highways and Transport Roles
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Kingston and Sutton Shared Highways and Transport Group
The London boroughs of Kingston and Sutton have come together to create an ambitious and forward-looking shared environment service, including Highways & Transport. Right now, we have a range of exciting opportunities in both boroughs:-
- Two Transportation Development Control Engineers, one based in Kingston and one in Carshalton (£21,276 - £36,372 per annum)
- A Senior Professional Engineer to lead on Transportation Development Control in Sutton, based in Carshalton (£36,372 - £46,608 per annum)
- A Senior Professional Engineer to lead on our LIP Programme Management across around half the borough in Kingston (£36,372 - £46,608 per annum)
- A Sutton Parking Engineer based in Carshalton (£21,276 - £36,372 per annum)
- A Sutton Vehicle Crossover Engineer based in Carshalton (£21,276 - £36,372 per annum)
- A Senior Professional Engineer to lead on the Design and Delivery of a package of highway and traffic management schemes in Sutton (£36,372 - £46,608 per annum)
- A Sustainable Transport Officer based mostly in Kingston (£18,936 - £36,372 per annum)
- A Lead Officer to manage our Sustainable Transport team, based in both Kingston and Carshalton (£36,372 - £46,608 per annum)
With a focus on delivering high quality frontline services, this innovative partnership plays its role in creating sustainable communities, with diverse transport networks and quality environments for all to enjoy.
We offer a series of unique, fulfilling and exciting challenges in a dynamic working environment where innovation and creativity is needed just as much as the energy and desire to get things done.
Set in a challenging public service environment, we have a range of opportunities in Highways & Transport across a number of teams, which you can read more about below.
Finding the right people is critical to our future success. For the Lead Officer post we’re looking for someone with the ability to manage a team to deliver a variety of sustainable transport outcomes with experience of working in one or more of the work areas of the team, such as School or Business Travel Planning, Cycle Training, School Crossing Patrol management etc. For the Sustainable Transport Officer post we’re seeking an enthusiastic person with some experience in promoting walking and cycling in a local authority. For the Engineer and Senior Professional Engineer posts we’re looking for people who combine enthusiasm, drive and creativity with a successful track record of delivering high quality transport and engineering solutions in a local authority environment, whether working in the public sector or private practice.
For all roles your work with us will help ensure our highways and transport infrastructure is safe, fit for purpose, sustainable, cost effective and well connected. So, you’ll need to have good communication skills with the ability to put your ideas across clearly to colleagues and customers - both in person and in writing, and you’ll need to demonstrate the ability to manage and prioritise your workload effectively in order to work on a number of projects simultaneously from inception to completion.
We offer a modern working environment for staff allowing you to work flexibly from multiple locations, whilst on the move from your mobile or tablet and at home following the recent introduction of Google Apps which have enabled collaborative and streamlined working. Our staff also use a virtual desktop that you’ll be able to access anywhere, and everyone has access to up-to-date messaging and video technology.
To find out more check out:
More searches like this
- Environment Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Sutton
- Highways Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Sutton
- Parking Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Sutton
- Traffic Management Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Sutton
- Transport Planning Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Sutton