Head of Highway Operations
Are you ready for anything? Do you thrive on varied challenges?
If you are a Chartered Engineer with experience in Highways and Transportation, a working knowledge of Local Authorities and the vision and enthusiasm to get the best out of every situation, then we would like to hear from you.
With a unique blend of public-sector experience and commercial awareness, together with substantial experience as a senior level manager and a hands-on knowledge of highways operations or similar, you’ll find we won’t waste any of your potential.
You will need to be able to remain calm under pressure, draw on the strengths and experience of the team, but be confident in making decisive decisions when required. Strategy and planning will be key skills but a solid background in operational delivery will be equally important.
The post holder must have impeccable communication skills and in particular be confident in talking to politicians, the media, senior stake holders and wider partners such as the emergency services, government departments and their agencies.
As Head of Highway Operations, you will demonstrate:
• A strong commercial acumen, securing best value for money for North Yorkshire.
• Knowledge and significant experience of working within highways and in a Local Authority.
• Skilled negotiator, driving hard for value whilst maintaining excellent partnership relationships.
• Developed interpersonal skills and the ability to take up a team leadership and strategic leadership role.
• Chartered Engineer status.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
North Yorkshire is a special place: England's largest county; breath-taking landscapes; friendly people; and the vibrant backdrop to the phenomenon that was the 2014 Tour de France “Grande Départ”, the subsequent Tour de Yorkshire cycle races and cycling’s Road World Championships in 2019.
Before applying for this role please ensure you have visited the campaign site at the below link where you will find key documents and further details about this exciting opportunity, including job description, closing dates and how to apply:
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Environment Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Highways Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton