7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our dedicated Highways Team in Solihull. In this interesting and varied role, you will help ensure the design and delivery of a high-profile, borough wide enhancement scheme called Greening the Grey.
You will work closely with other teams within Highways and colleagues across other service areas to plan and manage the development and delivery of the project to ensure it is delivered to project scope, within budget and on time.
You will have a Degree or HND/ HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering related subject or will be able to demonstrate through extended experience the necessary knowledge to carry out the full range of duties. Experience of working in a Civil Engineering environment is also vital. You will also have:
• Experience of effective Partnership Working.
• Experience of problem solving and evidence based decision-making, where sound judgement and informed risk taking has been demonstrated.
• Experience and a working knowledge of the Traffic Management Act, the New Roads and Streetworks Act and the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD).
• Organisation skills, including the ability to prioritise your own workload and manage competing demands to meet project deadlines.
• Great spoken and written communication skills.
• Effective ICT skills, including experience and a good working knowledge of using CAD.
• Analytical skills to interpret and apply Infrastructure Design guidance.
In return, we offer a friendly environment where you will have the opportunity to influence and improve infrastructure and habitat settings across the borough.
We also offer:
• Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements.
• The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year.
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service.
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
This is 3 year fixed-term contract for the duration of the project, and is funded by the Europen Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Mark O’Connell, Group leader – Projects, on 0121 704 8559.
To apply for this role, please click on the APPLY button.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: 27 March 2018.
Interview date: TBC