Highways Delivery Manager
This is an exciting role leading maintenance and construction delivery across Northumberland's 5000km highways and transport network.
Responsible for managing and leading a large in house highway delivery organisation together with private sector contractors and suppliers, and with annual revenue and capital budgets of £35m, the role is key to meeting the Council's desire to improve the quality of our road network and to improve connectivity for our communities.
The post-holder will have a wide range of responsibility including road and bridge maintenance, winter services, street lighting, construction of new infrastructure, health and safety, efficiency of operations, and delivery of works for third parties, such as the North Pennine Link Group Partnership.
This is a challenging role working across a wide range of urban and deep rural settings within the varied geography of a county rich in history and outstanding natural beauty with key areas of urban development and close linkages to Newcastle and the wider conurbation.
We are looking for a highly experienced and motivated candidate with the knowledge, ability and enthusiasm to successfully manage these services across this extensive network. The candidate should have a proven track record in leadership, management and improvement of similar services in a comparable environment.
Closing date: 28/02/2018
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Morpeth
- Communications Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Morpeth
- Corporate Management Team Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Morpeth
- Facilities Management Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Morpeth
- Environment Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Morpeth