Highway Electrical Supervisor (Highway Maintenance).
We are seeking to recruit a full time Highway Electrical Supervisor within the busy Highway Maintenance Team (in Locality Services Commissioned) based in Magdalen House, Bootle.
The Team is responsible for the management and maintenance of the Authorities highways, street lighting, traffic signals and highway drainage infrastructure within Sefton.
The post will support two Senior Lighting Engineers in leading and contributing to the delivery of the Street Lighting function for the Authority. It will also contribute to the overall management and efficient running of the Section, to ensure effective administration and maintenance of performance and information systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and inspect external Contractors undertaking planned and reactive maintenance repairs and installation of new, street lighting, illuminated traffic signs, illuminated bollards, cable duct networks and traffic signals equipment.
• Complete audit electrical testing and commissioning of highway electrical equipment following installation or repair. Audit testing to be carried out in accordance with methods and procedures set out in the current publication of the IEE Wiring Regulations.
• Ensure Contractors working on the highway electrical equipment comply with all relevant standards and regulations, such as BS7671 Wiring Regulations, Chapter 8, Health & Safety and CDM, this list is not exhaustive. This will include review of Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
• Identification of faults / defects on highway electrical equipment. Recording such faults onto an electronic fault management system. Issuing work instructions to Contractors.
• Assist with entering inventory updates onto the Councils electronic fault management / asset management system.
• Review and investigation of 3rd Party damage and / or RTC damage of Highway Electrical equipment.
If you feel you possess the skills and commitment we are looking for, then we’d like to hear from you. Please ensure that you demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements of the position in your application form.
More searches like this
- Environment Operative £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Bootle
- Environmental Health Operative £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Bootle
- Environmental Management Operative £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Bootle
- Highways Operative £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Bootle
- Traffic Management Operative £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Bootle