Commissioning Leader: Highways & Traffic
We recognise that the public service landscape has changed fundamentally in recent years. Financial challenges and rising residents’ expectations mean that traditional delivery models are no longer viable. So we’re reimagining our organisation for the world we’re in. We’re creating a more agile and responsive council, with a sharper commercial focus, greater flexibility to innovate, and more autonomy for professionals.
It won’t happen overnight, but the next 2-3 years will see us move to a ‘Commissioning Hub’ model, equipping us with the right structure and data to make informed and sustainable decisions on the best way to secure positive outcomes for our residents. In turn, this creates opportunities for people who want to be at the forefront of this change, and who are excited by the prospect of doing things differently.
Reporting to the Director of Community Sustainability, this role oversees our Highways and Roads infrastructure: a key element of our regeneration ambitions for the borough. Newham occupies an enviable strategic location and to capitalise on this we need to ensure that access in, out and around the borough is of the highest standard and enhances Newham’s offer to businesses and residents who choose to make their home here.
The service covers:
- Traffic management and safety
- School crossing
- Urban design
- Responsive Maintenance and street lighting
- Permits / Licensing
As you would expect, it’s a portfolio which is subject to considerable political interest and scrutiny, so you will need to assure of your ability to establish positive relationships with a range of stakeholders, and that you possess the technical expertise to be a credible advisor and intelligent client within this service area.
To find out more, visit www.join-newham.co.uk or contact Steve Guest at Solace in Business on 020 7976 3311 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: noon, 6 November.
More jobs like this
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Corporate Services jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Corporate Management Team jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Environment jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Highways jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Traffic Management jobs in London (East)