Service Manager - Structures
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Structures team for a Service Manager to manage and direct all activities on Somerset County Council’s (SCC) stock of highway bridges and retaining walls. The Structures team is responsible for around 2,500 structures in Somerset; including 1,700 bridges, 600 culverts and 400 retaining walls.
About the Job
The role will require the development of numerous internal and external contacts to promote and foster professional partnerships to ensure SCC duties and responsibilities are delivered. This includes managing the responses to the public and elected members, press and media interviews on bridge and highway structure issues.As a member of the Council’s Highways Management Team, providing expertise and strong management is essential to drive performance and to commission and/or deliver the County Council’s priorities and meet service targets. You will be responsible for a client and design office made up of eleven staff undertaking a wide and challenging range of revenue and capital activities.
We would be pleased to hear from you if you have a strong interest and proven track record in managing bridges, retaining walls and other structures. You will be educated to degree level or experienced to an equivalent level in this field. You will be customer focussed and willing to drive change, with the ability to build strong relationships with our stakeholders.
For more information or an informal discussion about this post please contact Andrew Turner, Strategic Manager - Highways on 07977 401896.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
To see the full job details and to download and submit an application form, please visit https://dasjobs.co.uk/job/service-manager-structures/
CV’s are not accepted for this role.
Please quote job reference no: 10505/AMB
Closing date: 20/10/2017