Parking Charge Assistant
We are looking for someone to join our parking office team; you need to have good customer service skills as well as IT with a working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Reporting to the Parking Office Supervisor and working within the scope of empowerment, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the prompt and efficient processing of all Penalty Charge Notices
- Ensuring prompt and efficient processing of all requests for permits, car park season tickets and parking dispensations
- Write letters of response to appeals, challenges and representations relating to Penalty Charge Notices including, where necessary, through to adjudication
- Dealing with all customer enquiries, including providing information and advice on parking matters
- Promoting the efficiency and effectiveness of the Parking Service at all times
- Process Penalty Charge Notices, ensuring that all errors and omissions are notified to the Parking Office Supervisor.
- Prepare the Council’s detailed submissions to the Independent Adjudication Service and attend hearings when required
- Process Penalty Charge Notices through debt and warrant registration where required
- Deal with callers (both in person and by telephone) to the Parking Office, providing advice and assistance where required
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the computerised database, progressing each case through to resolution
- Process payments received, ensuring they are correctly recorded and allocated to the appropriate case
- Undertake a daily reconciliation of all monies received
- Process requests for car park season tickets and issue tickets for the appropriate charge
- Process requests for the issue of parking permits and dispensations in accordance with existing instructions
- Issue tickets and passes for the pay-on-foot system upon request
- Assist, when required, with the issuing of disabled badges and related general enquiries
Closing time/date, midnight, on the 10th of September 2017
Applications received after this may not be considered.
Interviews will be held on the 19th of September 2017
For full job details and how to apply: Please follow the link and see attached documents at the bottom of the Job page and ensure you fully read and follow the guidance so you fully demonstrate how you meet the points on the job profile. PLEASE DO NOT JUST SUBMIT A CV.